- Docker Containers
About The Company:
Originally from Zurich, this client are in the process of setting up a branch in Berlin. They are currently looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join their rapidly growing team. They are a relatively young company who have already grown to over 60 employees and have over 750 clients, making them one of the fasting growing businesses in Switzerland. They provide their clients with an intuitive Saas platform, which enables them to manage their corporate fleets.
You’ll be joining a collaborative and fun team. A mixture of experienced and junior engineers, all working on the same project. They have a real family feel and often have after work drinks, BBQ’s and trips, often liaising and collaborating with the team in Switzerland.
This is a full-time permanent role based in Berlin, Germany. You will work on a large variety of technical and business-related topics, designing and building scalable solutions, built in such a way that users actually enjoy using it. You will also have the opportunity to develop yourself and continue to grow as a developer within the business.
Duties will include
- Being part of a distributed platform engineering team, that build scalable cloud infrastructures on AWS.
- Help the business prepare for scale up, using microservices.
- Develop according to customer needs and project requirements.
- Apply your DevOps and Site Reliability experience to support production.
- Improve availability, reliability and security.
- Building world-class experiences for customers.
- Several years of professional experience in programming.
- 4+ years of experience building scalable cloud infrastructures.
- Experience working with AWS Lambda.
- Experience working for a SaaS company.
- Experience in design patterns.
- Experience in working on complex projects.
- Completion of a degree in computer science (FH, Uni, ETH).
- Fluent in English.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Nice to have:
- AWS CDK experience.
- Experience working in a product team.
- Experience with Java.
- You must be an EU citizen.
- You are hardworking, ambitious and keen to grow as an engineer.
- You must speak fluent English.